Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock synchronization (very urgent help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rami.masadeh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can the clock in the microwave system make the synchronization for the other equipment in the network??????????

i know this , but i need to know the way who this clock works?
thank you for your reply

Let say signal generator (G) and spectrum analyzer (A) has to connect. Then connect a cable from G Ref 10MHz out to ref 10MH IN of A.
Now if the A is intelligent then it detects the ref clock and lock to this. Means now A will work using G's clock.
It then called both are synchronized.
If you still not understood then I will give you another setup or example.

Typically a measurement instrument has a built-in temperature stabilized (ovenized) 10 MHz reference oscillator. It can be used as an output or locked to an external 10 MHz. If it is locked to the external 10 MHz usually a very small locking bandwidth is used, a few Hz up to fractions of it. This means that the frequency drift of the external 10 MHz is followed, but the phase noise outside the PLL loop bandwidth is dominated by the internal ovenized reference, which is good.

However, two different generators for example may have different internal synthesizer architectures. 1 GHz from instrument a is not 1 GHz from instrument B, even when locked to the same reference. I noticed a subHz drift in some cases (of course better than the frequency resolution of both instruments).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back