Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electric fence energizer circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangesh_c

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fence charger circuit

please tel me how to design electric fence energizer using microcontroller or using digital ic ?

electric fence circuit diagram

Do you mean by the fence to keep people away. Charge a capacitor to A.C mains voltage through a very high resistance connected at the phase side so that the person is not electrocuted. The capacitance of the capacitor determines the length of the shock. The fence will get the wire from the other end of the resistor.

electric fence energizer circuit

Charge a capacitor to A.C mains voltage through a very high resistance
means charge to no voltage.

Wkipedia briefly tells about typical electrical fence parameters:
A fence charger places an electrical pulse from ground to the wire about once per second. The pulse is narrow and usually around 5-20 kV. Animals receive an uncomfortable but harmless shock when contacting the wire, and learn to stay away from it.

electric fence circuit

A few years ago I made an electric fence which worked quite well out of a motor car spark plug coil. I used a 555 timer to energize the coil every few seconds. I connected the gnd to a metal spike hit into the soil and the output of the coil went to the fence. I uses a 7ah 12v battery to power the system. It worked well on people (i tested it on myself) and horses. The horses very quickly learned not to attempt to break the paddock fence :)

Reactions: Eranda

Eranda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
electric fence energizer circuit diagram

FvM said:
Charge a capacitor to A.C mains voltage through a very high resistance means charge to no voltage.

You are correct, I forgot to mention a diode in series so that capacitor is charged through D.C pulses. :wink:

Re: fence charger circuit

Please check out the folowing circuit of an electric fence charger developed by me:

**broken link removed**.

Re: fence charger circuit

please tel me how to design electric fence energizer using microcontroller or using digital ic ?

I need 5J out put electric fence energizer circuit.P send me circuit diagram.

thank you

Re: electric fence circuit

A few years ago I made an electric fence which worked quite well out of a motor car spark plug coil. I used a 555 timer to energize the coil every few seconds. I connected the gnd to a metal spike hit into the soil and the output of the coil went to the fence. I uses a 7ah 12v battery to power the system. It worked well on people (i tested it on myself) and horses. The horses very quickly learned not to attempt to break the paddock fence :)

I was also used that method(motor car spark plug coil) . I used it for dogs and goats. A solar panel and a 12V motorcycle battery are enough for this.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

you can make a energizer circuit by this steps, (1) make a circuit with digital IC and a powerful transistor for get out 10V-25V (40Hz-70Hz). (2) join that out put pulse cable to secondary coil of a transformer(6V-12V) and other secondary cable to GND of your circuit. (3) Now primary coils of the transformer should be connect to fence (make sure that both cables should be touch by animals)

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

you can make a energizer circuit by this steps, (1) make a circuit with digital IC and a powerful transistor for get out 10V-25V (40Hz-70Hz). (2) join that out put pulse cable to secondary coil of a transformer(6V-12V) and other secondary cable to GND of your circuit. (3) Now primary coils of the transformer should be connect to fence (make sure that both cables should be touch by animals)

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back