Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the dial number from GSM module

Status
Not open for further replies.

raychenchina

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am engaged in a remote controll system, which get the instruction from the dial number.
For example: A dials B, and B picks the phone, then A dials "1", how can B get the "1" ? Is there an AT instruction to get the number information from the GSM module?
Thanks!

altough gsm modems were capable to send DTMF tones, i don't know how they can capture the incoming ones !!!!

Accordly to GSM standard, there is a command to send DTMF tones but it works only in audio mode and only works in one-way, i mean sending tones, unfortunetly there is no AT command to capture that tone !

so i suggest use some type of external controller to make that job !

Generating DTMF tones
Code:
AT+VTS=X
Where X can be: (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, #, *)

** Cheers **

Thank you very much!
I thank I need a decoder to get the tone information.

Added after 9 minutes:

Now may I sum the answers, the GSM module can only receive tone information.
I need a separate DTMF decoder.

In the telephone bank, when you dial the bank service number, the terminal will answer and let you press some number to select different service. I wonder how they identify the number customer dials, with a DTMF decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.