Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Universal PCB for ROBOT with sensors and PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Fausto

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Universal PCB for ROBOT

I am interesting in design a PCB for robot, for universal use, If You have ideas or links for more info, please tell me.
I like to add the most usefull sensors and use a PIC microcontroller Like PIC16F877A or PIPC18F452.
Thank You

JOSE

Re: Universal PCB for ROBOT

Just allow usage of all io pins, and duplicate spi, twi ports as much as you need. Most of the sensors can be found with i2c interface. Also with serial interface you can comunicate with other pcbs. In my design i use as much dedicated (servo) systems, so if main pcb is jammed, system can survive ...

just use header pins to pin out the i/o's of the microcontroller and group them according to ports and those with specific i/o's can also be grouped together. This however will complicate your board. So, it might be best to group them according to ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.