Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot CV curve for a MOSCAP in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudassarmeer

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, How to plot CV curve for an MOSCAP in cadence?
In DC analysis I saw some "op" and "opt" option in Calculator. I chose the Cgg option to plot Vs Vgs. But its showing only one Value. I want to plot the complete CV Curve, how it can be possible??

how to compare cv curves

SPICE can, i am not sure about cadence, refer to the manual.

Best regards.
ELE

spice cv curve

you can simulate in ADE, sweep the gate voltage as a parameter!

plot cv curve

I did In CADENCE. I swept the gate voltage and shorted the Drain, Source and Bulk terminal to GND. I did the DC analysis. Now I want to plot the CV Curve. But I don't know how to do it??
Please can anybody tell me the way how to do it in CADENCE???

Re: plot cv curve

I did In CADENCE. I swept the gate voltage and shorted the Drain, Source and Bulk terminal to GND. I did the DC analysis. Now I want to plot the CV Curve. But I don't know how to do it??
Please can anybody tell me the way how to do it in CADENCE???

Is it ok to do it in DC analysis? I think the capacitor's value depends on the frequency, right?

This link is quite helpful:

The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Plot the CV curve using the spectre

So, set the frequency fixed and sweep the DC voltage instead (i.e., in the AC analysis choose Sweep Variable to be Design Variable instead, where you have your DC value as a parameter).

I must, however, say that I haven't used it frequently, but it seemed to work pretty well for my test setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back