Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCADA+PLC help for Final Year Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayyub

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plc based final year projects

Hi Guyz my supervisor has told me to automize a 30KVA Generator using PLC and should be monitored on pc using SCADA.
So i need Guidence of my seniors that is it possible for me to implement it i have idea of PLC s7-300 programming but not a single idea abt SCADA.

plc scada projects

with the help of PLC you can monitor the alarms, faults and control the generator.SCADA is supervisory control and data aquisation. it means you can monitor the alarms and fault conditions generated by generator via a PLC or Data Aquisation card on a PC. so first you have to gain knowledge about SCADA protocols. much of them are properiatory but these days FieldBus protocol is emerging a forerunner. and by these protocols you will transfer the alarms or commands to and from PLC to your PC through a USB or Parallel Port or Serial port.

plc final project

U can use WinCC SCADA (Siemens SCADA), connect to PLC by MPI protocol (for cost effect) or Ethernet (for High performance). On SCADA U can build the Screens, where U can use SCADA Objects (like Buttons, Metters.., Motor..) and annimate your real Generator, U collect Data (V,A,Hz...) form PLC and Display them on Screen. U also can embedd Video to Monitoring your Generator. If some thing haapen, U can get Alarm,... U can record all data to Archive to use later, like reports...For advanced, U can build the Recipe, write Script, set Up Batch (If your Generator is Big enough)...

Status
Not open for further replies.