Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start learning analog circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be know the R,L,C one demention device,also know the microstrip the two demention device and the coax.wave guide the 3-D device.

the other you should know some system knowleage,such as NF,dB,IIP3,IP3,dBc,dBm and so on.

tlihu said:
Zerox100 said:
Does anybody has "allen and holberg" analog book?

Check MCU. It is there. However, it is different from the text book I bought. :lol:

Hi,
what does this mean? is the book at MCU is not complete(pages missing) or old edition??

thanks
sawaak

1.I think the best way to learn analog design is practice. This is based on your basic analog Ic design knowledge and experience. Otherwise, you just have the ideal theory. Without practice, you may not find where the problem is.

2.And learn from the previous design's experience, make sense all the circuit in exisitng design if permitted.

3. As an anlog design engineer, you should learn a lot of other things which will affect your design . Of course it depends on which direction you want to develop.

sawaak said:
tlihu said:
Zerox100 said:
Does anybody has "allen and holberg" analog book?

Check MCU. It is there. However, it is different from the text book I bought. :lol:

Hi,
what does this mean? is the book at MCU is not complete(pages missing) or old edition??

thanks
sawaak

The one I got from MCU does not look like a TEXT book. I mean there is comparably less text inside. :!: :?:

I think the best book for analog designer is "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits" by Behzad Razavi. It's quit useful for a beginner...

A lot of excercise is also will help you to gain your knowledge on analod design. Try to design a simple circuit such as a single amp and then you can go to differential amp, op-amp and others...

Have a good try.. :)

suggest you to read classic book:
"the art of electronic"
you can find it in www.MCU.cz

a best way is 2 start reading razavi books he's a very great author and his books are really valuable and easy 2 be undestood

I think the following books are useful to learn the analog design first:
1>Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuit
2>Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits - 4th ed.
3>Analog Integrated Circuit Design
and i think it's also helpful to learn some "digital and system" knowledge.
And if you can get a chance to do a project, you can improve quickly than just read book.
Good luck!

I am also a beginner. And at first i chose the book of 'design of analog cmos integrated circuits'. During some practice, I find it is a good way that do some exercises when you read the book. But I find the deeper you go into, the more you should learn. :)

have some same experience with you, I just read the book by P.R Gray and some IEEE paper. and do some simulation.

the book by P.R Gray is very good:)
i m reading it now

go to cmosedu.com

and download solutions to his book and get that book to learn cmos analog circuit design.

the best book to learn from

Puppet1 said:
go to cmosedu.com

and download solutions to his book and get that book to learn cmos analog circuit design.

the best book to learn from

Whicn book did you refer to? :)

He has two books: (now 3 since one is coming out with a second edition)

CMOS: Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation

Read that one first

Later, MUCH MUCH later read this one

CMOS: Mixed-Signal Circuit Design

After you mastered the first.

The author is Baker.

boot_strap said:
start it by reading the electronic's Bible : Gray Meyers Book in the below link for download :

h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/searchtopic73630-gray.html+grey+meyer

such a good book

also you can buy hobby kits in electronics and actually build some electronics, that way you can learn the real world applications not just books and theory and simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.