Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PhD in IMEC vs US university

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbadry

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
imec phd

When it comes to Analog/RF. which is better IMEC or a US university?

How does IMEC compare to Top US universities in EE ( say Stanford, MIT, UCLA, Berkley )?

Any Idea?

imec usa

IMEC is very good place to do research. the rank of IMEC is increasing these days. they have a strong team,
but sure Top universities in US are still in the top specially the ones u listed.

for me i prefer IMEC. or the European research centers like IHP in Germany and HOLST center in Netherlands

Khouly

phd at imec

Why is this preference?

Is it a technical point of view, or is it about the lifestyles in EU and US?

phd in imec

the work style in these research centers is very close to the real industry . and this is a very good for someone like me do not have academic career.

Europe is very close to Egypt not like USA. also most of the European countries are in the same time zone OF Egypt.

khouly

imec phd positions

How can one get a chance to work there.. some body with around five yrs of experience.

imec good place

go to the website , and search for careers

www.imec.be

khouly

imec phd position

khouly said:
the work style in these research centers is very close to the real industry . and this is a very good for someone like me do not have academic career.

Europe is very close to Egypt not like USA. also most of the European countries are in the same time zone OF Egypt.

khouly

As Khouly already said, working in IMEC makes you closer to industry since you'll be part of a research that's funded by top companies worldwide.

Besides, IMEC has a great working environment; Everyone shares knowledge, the amount of on-the-job training, external training, workshops, seminars, activities and social events available is huge, the amount of foreigners coming from all parts of the world makes IMEC a unique place that truly accepts EVERYONE, the support and appreciation you'll get when publishing or patenting is a lot, and the friendliness of people is most important of course :D

stanford imec

very nice salma. i like this kind of environments it is really inspiring

the European research model is very good. coz it divides the project between Research institutions like IMEC, IHP and universities like KUL , TUD, TUM and finally the industry companies like NXP , Infenion, AMD ATmel

khouly

imec phd payment

if u didnt get in top 20 US univ. Go for IMEC

imec ph d

How good is going for a M.S in VLSI at University of Southern California.

What are the chances of getting a summer internship/coop or a job afterwards.

what is the rank of imec?

I wonder how much Ph. D. will IMEC recruit this year on circuit design.

Seems that they have topics two topics related to ic design: mixed signal and mm-wave meter ic on 45nm CMOS technology

phd us vs europe

also they have a position in ADC design

khouly

us phd versus european phd

there are continuous posts for phd positions in imec....
always check the site for updates...

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back