Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHch one consume more power? which one has less resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvendu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suppose somebody connected a ceiling fan and an electric heater i parallel to 220v supply. which one consume more power? which one has less resistance? which one drives more power from the supply?

Re: WHch one consume more power? which one has less resistan

electric heater will consume power as it draws more current.

At the start, the motor will draw more current than the heater. After the motor has started rotating, electric heater will draw more power.

it depends on the duration of on-state... e.g, if on for few milli seconds ....heater will consume less..but if its more than that...the vice versa is true

suvendu said:
suppose somebody connected a ceiling fan and an electric heater i parallel to 220v supply. which one consume more power? which one has less resistance? which one drives more power from the supply?

A ceiling fan is (normally) around 100W and a heater is usually 1000W (it may be less or more), but if we take these example then answer is heater. But you did not mention the power rating. If a heater is 100W then both are same (except for start of motor)
You should write your question with specific figure, your question is same as like which one is heavier 1KG of iron or 1KG of cotton.
(and I guess you are expecting 1KG of iron :D )

I think the heater also presents a low resistance at startup.

It depends upon your drives watt ratings. With out this fan will take more power than the Heater initially, But heater will take more power if it running along with the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back