Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a sine wave into a triangular wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

watertreader

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sine wave into intergrator

Hi,

Have a query. How do we convert a sine wave output into a sawtooth wave?

Thanks

convert sine wave to sawtooth

One simple solution would be first to convert it into a squarewave (bistable circuit, hard limiting) and than to integrate the signal.

convert sine to sawtooth

triangular sawtooth wave can be gernarated by summing all even multiples of sine wave.

convert sine wave to triangle wave

engr_najam said:
triangular sawtooth wave can be gernarated by summing all even multiples of sine wave.
But a pure sine-wave doesn't have any "multiples" (harmonics).

saw wave into a square wave

we use integrator to get tri wave from a square wave and sine from tri, why don't try differentiator circuit like simple CR circuit similar to high pass filter, but take care of the cutting frequency of the high pass filter, this is a simple method you can use.

convert sine wave to sawtooth wave

It hasn't been said at all, if the sine wave has fixed or variable frequency (which range) and how amplitude variations shall be reflected by the sawtooth.

how to convert square wave to triangular wave

FvM said:
It hasn't been said at all, if the sine wave has fixed or variable frequency (which range) and how amplitude variations shall be reflected by the sawtooth.
The sinewave must first be converted into a square-wave by amplifying it a lot and letting the amplifier clip the signal into square-waves. A small sine-wave will also clip the same as a large sine-wave so the amplitude of the sine-wave doesn't matter (as long as it is high enough for the amplifier to clip.
Then the square-wave is made asymmetrical then integrated into triangle-waves that all have the same amplitude.

converting sawtooth to sine wave

I think, that's only one of many options - depending on th erequirements.

convert syn into wave

may be integator....

clipped reflected sine wave

jigisha said:
may be integator....

May be ?? Long time ago we have learned in school what we get if we integrate a sine function, did we not ?

convert sawtooth wave to sine wave

The input sinewave may have varying frequencies. Would there be a problem if we convert it into square wave and take integral? I tend to believe that the resulting triangular wave would have varying amplitude

how i convert triangular wave to square wave

circuit will be in this configuration,use operational amplifire in open loop gain,it'll convert sine wave into rectanguler wave then use integrator to convert ur rectanguler wave to trianguler wave

watertreader said:
The input sinewave may have varying frequencies. Would there be a problem if we convert it into square wave and take integral? I tend to believe that the resulting triangular wave would have varying amplitude

Yes, you are right. The result of integration depends in its amplitude on the duration of the rectangular signal - and, thus, on the frequency of the limited sinus.

Any suggestions to cope with the problem of varying frequencies ?

This circuit is connected to the 120vac power line and transfers 60Hz clock pulses to a logic circuit. The optoisolator used provides 5000 volts of isolation between the power line and the logic side of the circuit.

if you are trying to get a triangle wave, i suggest you to use a circuit like this
it can generate triangle and pulse, with any frequency and amplitude by changing resistors and capacitor.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

i cant send a link...

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.