Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! how to calculate RPM for 5phase stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skalaxy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate rpm

i need to run PF569-AC stepper motor using INS50-120 driver, bother r from mycom.

the motor spec is torque 16.6(kgcm)
rotor inertia 560(gcm2)
basic step angle 0.72'
Phase current 1.4A

can anybody guide me how to calculate RPM, period of the pulse and frequency of this motor?
coz i want to run the motor by giving pulse from labview software.

calculating rpm for motor

For RPM if you use full steps, it takes 500 full steps for one rotation or 0.72º per step. There is maximum step frequency, but mostly you should be concerned with acceleration/decceleration. It seems like you would be running open loop system, where no position feedback is used. When you approach limits of the motor, there is greater chance to skip a step.
It would be best if you **broken link removed** and then if you don't understand something, post a question here. You did not post nearly enough information for someone to calculate that for you, even if someone had that much time.

calculate rpm stepper motor

thx sinisa
yes, i would like to run open loop system.
i will read the techinfo from mycom first and will post a question later on as i dont kno much about the stepper motor.
the spec above are wht i find out from mycom datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back