Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC610 license configuration .. help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvnk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic610 license

Hi there,

i could successfully install and run ic611 on rhel 5.2 server. now my license config utility is running through but i'm not able to access license from tool. can someone help me with this? i used an lmgrd-cdslmd setup. lmgrd runs without any errors. and lmstat -c 5280@localhost returns a healthy mesage. but tool cant access the license.

your help is highly appreciated !

thanks in advance,
PVNK

could not get license virtuoso_schematic_editor_l

Could you show the error message?

ic610 license.dat

it just says, cant get schematic L license, do you want to go for higher tiered ones, then it fails to check out any license.

error 7

ic610 licence

Do you have run lic_error?

lic_error -7

ic610 licence.dat

a little more investigation shows that licence is getting checked out and in back with the same time stamp.

cdslmd message is like this on the terminal

20.45.55 (cdslmd) OUT : "Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L" pvnk@localhost.localdomain
20.45.55 (cdslmd) IN : "Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L" pvnk@localhost.localdomain

same joke repeats for XL licence immediately. i searched in sourcelink. ther is similar problem reported, but solution says

"The reason why the licenses are getting checked in just after checked out at the
same time because the system clock from where the tool is running is out-of-sync.
Please correct the date/time setting of the system to resolve this problem."

my time is correct. any one got a clue on this? wht do they mean by out of sync? cant i set it up on a workstation? :twisted: :twisted:

thank you very much

lmgrd ic61

Maybe the environment variables effect the time setting? Such as LC_ALL, LC_TIME and so on.

ic6, licence file

you set env: setenv CDSLMG_LICENSE_FILE=/IC61.../license.dat
open license file with "gedit" in line: add line "DEAMON cdslmg /IC61/share/license/license.dat"
In file rc.local at: /etc/rd/rd.local, add line: alias /IC61/tools/bin/cdslmg -c /IC6.../license.dat -l /root/IC6.log.
restart and open IC6.log file.
FEATURES will appear without errors, if it have error, the license isn't correct ,you change license file other.:D

Added after 1 minutes:

you set env: setenv CDSLMG_LICENSE_FILE=/IC61.../license.dat
open license file with "gedit" in line: add line "DEAMON cdslmg /IC61/share/license/license.dat"
In file rc.local at: /etc/rd/rd.local, add line: alias /IC61/tools/bin/cdslmg -c /IC6.../license.dat -l /root/IC6.log.
restart and open IC6.log file.
FEATURES will appear without errors, if it have error, the license isn't correct ,you change license file other.:D

ic610 errors

This is very simple one........If you using old licenses for new binaries...........
this will be cause......if it orginal license you ask for cadence...otherwise you sholud work with old binaries

Status
Not open for further replies.