Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combinational Loops generated in RTL Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanigang

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rtlcompiler delete_unloaded_seqs

Hi! During synthesis using RTL Compiler, combinational loops were found in my design. As what the log file says, the tool disabled them, deleted several hierarchical instances, then added loop breakers. I've simulated the generated netlist and found errors on the output waveform. Now, my questions are :

-What happens to the actual hardware/schematic when these combinational loops were disabled? Does the tool deletes signals,modules,instances included in the combinational loop?

-Any tips on how to make these things right?

Any help is deeply appreciated. TIA

rtl compiler set_attr

Hi Seanigang,
Combinational loops are broken by adding buffers with broken arc (i/p to o/p). It is done for timing purpose. RTL complier timing engine will does insert comb. loop breakers.

There is not relationship with Comb. loop breaker with deletion of instance/signal/module.

To control the deletion of instance pls use following attribute

set_attr delete_unloaded_ins false /
set_attr delete_unloaded_seqs false /

Thanks
Aravind

Halo,

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I have a question regarding the buffer that you spoke of here, which will break a combinational loop.
Is this a special type of buffer or will any buffer do the job?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back