Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AUREL : Square wave signal aspect at limit distance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgq

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
how does a square-wave signal look like at maximum distance between AUREL-like low cost module Tx and Rx ?

I don't know very well the AUREL modules, used in few occasions ( even they are quite good for the price ), but in some other modules you can see about from 15-20 dB above the threshold an increase in the Jitter of the square wave ( usually at 5-6 dB above threshold you have a jitter about ± 6% the width of the pulse ) and appear sone short spikes around the center of the pulse ( probably due the behaviour of the comparator ).

Hope it will help.

Mandi

thks FANT
Do you have a schematic of this wave ?

What do you mean, a picture or a drawing ?

If Yes, wait till monday that I will be back at the lab and will be areply.

Mandi

a picture or a drawing : as u like, thanx ! :)

Sorry for the big delay in my answer, but I am very busy at work and there is no time for fun !!

Anyway, in the following simulation is shown the data as seen on the scope.
Hope it is enough, otherwise you have to wait at leas till monday when the emergency is finished.
Again sorry.

Mandi

Here following the diagram of the signal

__________ ________
______| | ||||____|____|||| ||||_____|____
|
middle pulse spike jitter

Hi FANT

yes a picture would be more comprehensible, I fear that php deforms the sketch :?

thanks, i will wait a little :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back