Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing a bandpass loww freq. filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasiri

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
passive loww pass filter

how can i design (or buy) band pass filters with :
F0 (kHz) : 37.879

bandwidths =1 khz approximately. so that not overlap other bandin neighbor .
Q is ery important(> 100).
Filter bank is better.

another BP filters needed are :

f0 (Hz): 60.317

max 3-dB BW=10 Hz.
thnks alot.

Hi,

Designing bandpass filter is not that difficult. But I have a question here. Are all that center frequencies. So, do you need all seperate filters?

Design:
1) First, get the substrate information: height and dielectric constant
2) Design a low pass filter. Use frequency transformation and also find order of the filter from attenuation characterstics. You can design chebyshev response with -3 db ripple or -0.5 db ripple
3) Transform low pass filter in to bandpass filter using filter transformation formula
4) Simulate lumped element design in ansoft designer or awr microwave office
6) Do, the tuning procedure to get the proper ripples and response.
7) Q of greater than 100 seams to me impractical. Because in practice, you have parasitics formed in your circuit, so you get a lot of resistance and that will lower the Q.

Thanks

The frequency is low.
It sounds to me that your BPF design is used in ADSL / VDSL.
Right?
You can reference to some filter design book.

Thank you,

but the problem is practical and i need filter components (like Kr Filters Co. products).
which components did you know for that?
if it is a tunable filter bank?

thanks.

A lot of specification details are missing. Giving a center frequency, a bandwidth and a "Q" value isn't a filter specification. Particularly a stopband specification would be needed. At present, any filter starting with 2nd order may fit. Also the intended filter type (active, passive, SC), accuracy and dynamic range should be known.

Status
Not open for further replies.