Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASSURA VS CALIBRE VS DIVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar540

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura vs calibre

Which is the best tool for verification,userfriendly for layout
a)Assura.
b)Calibre.
c)Diva

vote for ur best verfication tool.

caliber to assura rule deck

I worked on Assura for physical verification and RC extraction. It is very user friendly....:D

calibre diva assura

it is good to master them all.

I prefer Calibre. It is faster and easy to use.

Bastos

I think Calibre is the industry-standard for back-end verfication. It's very powerful and it's not hard to learn

Obviously Calibra is better in its easy usage and powerful functionalities. However, Cadence has the most complete flow and Assura is also not too bad.

Calibre is best.............75% market is captured by Mentor
it is good for Digital layout

Assura is good for Analog layout

if it is mixed then calibre......................

THE WINNER IS ....... CALIBREEEEEEEEEEE

Bye Bye

Calibre is the industry standard as said before.
If your process supports Calibre definitely go for it.
For large and complicated circuits it is much faster.

For smaller and simpler assura is also good.

digital: Calibre
Custom digital/analog: Assura
small analog design & older process for 0.18um: Diva

for RF circuit postsimulation: only for Assura rcx.

calibre, I think. It's very easy to use..

For analog design prefer assura...and calibre is easy to work on..

Calibre is better for DRC and LVS
Assrua is better for EXT.

I have used Assura & Calibre, both the tools are good and every tool has its pro's & cons....

Calibre:
Calibre is used as the Sign Off tool for physical verification and used by many. Process runtime is very quick & less for large gate count designs. But calibre needs a graphical interfacer to flag its errors. The error checker runset is also well built for calibre i.e. it covers all major errors.

Assura:
Assura is slow in processing big designs. It does not need graphical interfacer. Debugging errors is easy.

Diva:
Used by very few people.

We use diva three years ago.
Now, we use calibre.

Some foundry does not provide the rules of diva.

Hi.

I have used both calibre and assura on very large transceiver designs and realised that while assura is much more user friendly with excellent cross-probing capability and an easy to use short locator, it cannot verify large digital blocks (a typical sea of gates with embedded memories) for example - calibre can! Also, calibre is much faster as designs get bigger. I still think Assura is a better tool though, it's just a pity it can't handle embedded memories.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back