Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What i need to save a sound in the PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateyah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sound pic24

What i need to save a sound in the PIC microcontroller,and how?

I want to save my sound like "right" word.

thanks

play sounds with pic microcontrollers and sd card

Hi

You will need a PIC with A/D, lot of memory (flash) and D/A converter (you can also use PWM)

You will also need to use some compress and decompress algorithm like A-low or u-low etc in order to save space on the flash memory

there are lots of program to save analog audio over flash memory on a microcontroller -serach microchip site for demo

You will also need to use the 16 bir PIC like the PIC24 or PIC30 family - for better performance

All the best

Bobi

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
store for all sound to a microcontroller

thank u Bobi

I Asked if can u help me,to programming EEPROM (Read,write), with the PIC microcontroller .

pic30 sd card

Hi!
You need a PIC microcontroller with an ADC and a little bit of analog circuitry (Mic+amplifier) to sample and digitize the sound. For storing the sound i would recommend you to use the SD card instead of an EEPROM. The SD card is very fast and has a lot of capacity at a comparatively low cost. e.g in Pakistan the cost for a 1GB card is only Rs.350. At a sampling rate of 4KHz a 1GB card will store up to 69 hours of sound. Isn't it great.
In order to playback the sound you will need a D/A converter (PWM can also be used) and a simple amplifier to regenerate the sound.
If this does not solve your problem feel free to ask.
Regards.

sound microcontroller

thank u waseem;

Can u draw to me the circuite diagram?

My project is a process of converting a remote control for a machine (car,..etc) to sound commands.

I have PIC16f877A, amplifier,SD card, and I can get to any other components.

Thanks

pic microcontroller sd card sound

Hi!
Yes, I will try my best. How much time you have got for the project? I will try to design the schematic. Initially you can start simulating your program in proteus software.
Are you from Pakistan?.
Regards.

sound from pic

thanks

Ok, i have 1 week to do this project.

and i am jordanian .

microcontroller sound store and compare pic

Hi

I am Asking How can I controlling the ADC's time in PIC16F877A?

how to save audio to pic24

Assalam-o-alikum!
U mean how to control the conversions per secound i.e the sampling frequency?
Allah hafiz.

sound interface with pic microcontroller

There is a complete sample in the Proteus Samples directory (with a PIC24) using ADPCM encoding and a sallon-key filter for output. Could be useful to get you going...

Iain.

pic microcontroller sound playback

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back