Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery capacity in mAH not printed on it :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

seemanta

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use 4 AA sized batteries in my 8052 based project.
I calculated the average current for my project which is coming to about 2.48 mA.

But unfortunately the AA cells that I have do not have any markings to indicate how many mAH they can provide. If I get the mAH figure I can just divide by the current to get an approximate idea of the length of time for which my 'stuff' will work.

Does anyone have any ballpark estimates for some of the well known brands like Duracell Alkaline or Energizer? I searched for their datasheets, but could not come up with any.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!
And yes, I am located in India.

regards,
Seemanta

According to this website:

**broken link removed**

AA Alkaline batteries have a capacity of 2000mAH with a suggested max discharge rate of 50mA.

Energizer shows that the alkaline battery cell starts at 1.5V then quickly drops to 1.2V. then it slowly drops to about 0.8V when it is dead.

Your 8052 probably needs a regulated 5V supply. The minimum input for a 7805 is 7.5V so six AA alkaline cells will drop to 7.5V fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back