Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i download the program inside the spartan3e ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakan_

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am newbie in fpga's. i have a spartan 3e. i want to backup the program inside the board. so i want to read , i mean i wanna downoad it back to my pc. thanks to anybody whoever tries to help:)

Which board is it?

Most of the manufacturer's websites will have the whole project available as a downloadable example.

At first though, you probably won't be wanting to program the configuration EEPROM/Flash. You won't overwrite it by just configuring the FPGA.

First, i want to thank you,

i have xilinx spartan 3e. i meant the example functions inside the board; like the sliding "spartan 3e" on LCD. and the functions of leds and the button...
when i load my program to the board wont it be changed.?

It won't be changed unless you write to the non-volatile configuration memory.

You would probably only want to do that when your design is complete and you want to use the board for something other than development.

The files will be available somewhere though, if it is the starter kit they are probably on the Xilinx website.

Reactions: hakan_

hakan_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back