Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Proteus Virtual terminal for sending data to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

behrouz2007

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus virtual terminal

I use ISIS 6.9 for simulating a communication between PC and PIC16F877A.
I want send data to PIC by using virtual terminal.
But my problem is ,the virtual terminal just send keyboard ASCII codes to output.
But i must send data like this "0x04 0xF4 0x01 ..." that the equivalent character did not found on keyboard.
Can i send text files by virtual terminal (like hyper terminal) ?

virtual terminal proteus

You would be better to use either the Pattern Generator Virtual Instument (will load a CSV file containing the bytes you want to transmit) or the file or pattern input generator.

Iain.

virtual terminal in proteus

behrouz2007 said:
But my problem is ,the virtual terminal just send keyboard ASCII codes to output.
But i must send data like this "0x04 0xF4 0x01 ..." that the equivalent character did not found on keyboard.

Simply type 'cntrl A' for 0x01, cntrl B for 0x02... and so on. THis is working on the virtual terminal (switch it to hex echo to see).
For the he high values like 0xF4 (dec 244) use the alt 0244 as usual :)

Hope this helps
zuisti

virtual terminal isis

zuisti said:
behrouz2007 said:

Simply type 'cntrl A' for 0x01, cntrl B for 0x02... and so on. THis is working on the virtual terminal (switch it to hex echo to see).
For the he high values like 0xF4 (dec 244) use the alt 0244 as usual :)

Hope this helps
zuisti

What if i need to send byte 0x00 ?

THanks man

proteus virtual terminal help

brunoaduarte said:
What if i need to send byte 0x00 ?

Hi;

You are right, it's not possible in the VirtTerm window (unfortunately).

However, an "easy" workaround to this:
Use an other char instead of the null (for ex. a backslash '\') and make a simple converting routine
in your serial receiving sw to substituting it with a null character.
zuisti

using virtual terminal in isis

Great idea, i'm going to try that.

Are there any tutorial on how to send bytes to the virtual terminal using that Pattern Generator Virtual Instument , i don't undestand how to do that.

Thank's

using virtual terminal in proteus

brunoaduarte said:
Are there any tutorial on how to send bytes to the virtual terminal using that Pattern Generator Virtual Instument
I think it's impossible.
But ... hopefully you can be using the pattern generator INSTEAD of the virtual terminal as an input device.
I haven't tried it yet :), study carefully the timing and clocking items in the pattern generator help.
Good luck!

virtual terminal pic

how can i enable echo i'm searching the option and trying to add echo=1 ori something like this in property menu .. for over 2 h..

proteus virtual terminal connection

You can find electronic message center related issues solved at **broken link removed**

virtual terminal в proteus

I had to do this once. I think I set up another virtual PIC and loaded a data table and conversion software into it. I then communicated with the virtual chip with terminal in ascii. This then converted it to whatever code I needed, and output it to the main chips ser in port. Was a while ago, so no longer have details.
"A" could be 0x00 "B" 0x01 etc, or whatever.

hi i am using proteus 7.1.when i want to transmit any character to serial port and to check i am using virtual termial,but the terminal show different character then transmitted one.my circuit is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back