Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best software tools for HDL simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out what is the best software tools for HDL simulation within the following list : Active HDL, ModelSIM, Riviera pro ISE simulator...

My problem is that actually I am trying to run a post place and route simulation with the Lite version of ISE simulator include in Xilinx WebPack and the simulator keep telling me the following warning :

WARNING:Simulator:406 - This is a limited version of the ISE Simulator. The
current design has exceeded the design size limit for this version and the
performance of the simulation will be derated.

Considering that my design is huge relatively to my hardware programming skill, I would like some tools that would be the most convenient for me to complete correctly the timing simulation to be able to debug my design.

thx

state

Re: HDL simulation

Hey State,
the problem is with the version with your ISE Simulator. Maybe it`s trial? you need the FULL version of this, considering the size of your project...Good luck

Breno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back