Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explain me the Bode plot, why it goes from 180 to -180 degree suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehwang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

From the attachment, why the red line (the phase) go to 180 degree form -180 degree suddenly? Is it because the zaro or some other reasons?

Thanks!:D

Re: Bode plot

this depends on the software you use. in your case the phase is restricted within +/- 180 degree, so the phase jump to 180 degree from -180 degree.

I believe that a zero would increase the phase gradually. Can I see your circuit?

I am using HSPICE to simulate the two stage op-amp as shown in the attachment.
So, it is caused from the HSPICE which limited the phase in +- 180 degree?

Thanks!

As phase measurement is generally ambiguous with a period of 360 degrees, no information is missing here. You see the phase wrap around with most simulators, to my opinion.

Yes, most simulation software displays phase in the range -180 to +180 degrees. That is also a normal way to display phase data in datasheets, documentation, etc.

180° = -180°, so there is no "sudden" change in phase. as FvM noticed, your phase is simply wrapped up between -180° and 180°. For example, 180°+20° is equivalent to -160°.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back