Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a capacitor-top coupled bandpass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

aredhel

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
capacitor top-coupled bandpass filter

Hello I am new here and I hope to get help for my assignment:

Question – Design a Chebyshev three-resonator, capacitor top-coupled, constant-k bandpass filter centered at 1MHz, with 1 dB ripple and a 100kHz, 3 dB bandwidth. The source and load resistors are 1.5kΩ and available inductors have a quality factor of 60.

We just started on filters and I am rather blank on how am I supposed to solve this question. Anyone knows where I should start or any books to recommend?

designing capacitor

aredhel said:
Hello I am new here and I hope to get help for my assignment:

Question – Design a Chebyshev three-resonator, capacitor top-coupled, constant-k bandpass filter centered at 1MHz, with 1 dB ripple and a 100kHz, 3 dB bandwidth. The source and load resistors are 1.5kΩ and available inductors have a quality factor of 60.

We just started on filters and I am rather blank on how am I supposed to solve this question. Anyone knows where I should start or any books to recommend?

I think you can deal with it as the follow:
Firstly, design a ideal Chebyshev.
Sencondly, look for a good GM or Opamp.
Thirdly, design a ingrator wiht GM.
Finally, design the auto-callibrartion circut for center frequency tuning, then intergration of the FIlter.

Good Luck.

capacitive bandpass filter design

it is more of a calculation question. Attached are the values found. I used "Active and Passive Analog Filter Design" by Lawrence P. Huelsman as a reference. I am not sure whether my calculations and values are right. Can anyone verify?

top coupled filter

Ok I've calculated the values and I am thinking of designing a microstip using Kuroda Identities since the values for the inductor and capacitor will be a problem. Anyway I am wondering whether I should use the bandpass filter values or the top-coupled bandpass filter values when I am going to design the microstrip?

capacitive post coupled bandpass

Here is a suggestion of topology:

coupled capacitor filter

hey, sorry for disturbing.
actually , i m facing the problem to use the Q and get the values of L.
can anyone tell me the step to find out the values?

Status
Not open for further replies.