Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in choosing FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_s_s

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends

I am doing a project in implementing H.264 codec . So can any one suggest me which type of FPGA does support this image processing, its cost and do i need any other hardware apart from this board

How about VIRTEX 5 SXT

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Wassup Frnds? No one is answering my doubt

I dont get the question. usually you just develope your general design with VHDL or verilog and then you can use synthesis and simulation tools to check wether a specific device is suitable or not(regarding resource usage, timing specs and financial issues...). buying the FPGA is the last step.

I have to arrange money for the board friend, that is y i am asking so that i can get an idea about the price of the board..........

The cost for a FPGA board is somewhere between $100 and $10,000. You should write the code first, then you can find how big of a FPGA you will need. OR you can buy a cheap FPGA, start writing code, and when you run out of space you will have a better idea of how big a FPGA you need.

Pls tell me which type of boards are best suited for video processing applications and what will be its cost

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back