Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sysnthesis report help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_459

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
after synthesis of any code...max combinational delay is calculated by iSE 6.2 vhdl.
in which gate delay is give.for the same device i have synthesized the code on ISE 6.1 and ISE 9.1.but the gate delay is differrent for the same device......can any one help me...whts the prob?????

Its not a very unexpected behavior.....

while migrating from one version to another ISE usually uses new internal
algorithms to optimize the logic inferred by synthesis.so its very common to get different results from different versions of ISE.(well provided that your design should have enough room for optimization i.e. if you have coded for a primitive designs such as FF, latch or mux then ISE should infer the same logic for a same device no matter what version it is..)

its not about just different versions there are may other factors affecting maximum delay calc.
such as routing , logic duplication,register balancing, effort level selected etc.
have you checked that you are using same options in both the versions.

regards
KeY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back