Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read MP3 files on SD card ?( DE2 board mp4 player project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nindra

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody,

i am just a newbie. Now, i am working a MP3 player project.I use DE2 Board from Altera. I store the MP3 files in a SD Card. I am confuse how to read the files.Plizzz give me an Advice.THx

de2 sd card

Hi,

the design board should have some kind of reference application or demo in which you can take what you want to build your own design.
look at the accompanying datasheets and documents.

building an mp3 player on the altera de2 board

I have read the reference. that is a demo program to read a music files with WAV extension.I also read at another literature that VHDL can't process a MP3 files. We must change the file to binary format First,like .bin. Is that correct?

nios ii mp3 wav

I don't know if the board has the SD protocol and filesystem implemented. If not, you need to write your own:
- first you need to communicate at low level with the SD card i.e. reading&writing 512B sectors; you can use the simple and slower SPI interface, or implement the complete SD interface;
- then implement the FAT16/FAT32 filesystem.

Playing MP3 files is very difficult if not using a library, it involves lots of signal processing, a lot harder than WAV, which has info about the audio samples. For MP3 you may need additional libraries and IP blocks.

de2 vhdl audio

Eugen, can u explain to me about FAT16 and FAT32 filesystem??Cuz i don't get the point. Is it possible to read data from flash memory without using NiosII??

Added after 28 minutes:

can i play WAV file that i store in onboard flash memory without using a NiosII?cuz i read the example that explain that we can use te AUDIO_DAC file to read the flash memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back