Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why Xilinx doesn't support Dual-Rank DIMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsogood

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mig dual rank

Hi,

I am wondering why Xilinx MIG2.0 doesn't support dual-rank DIMM? based on my testing, the IDELAY taps for both ranks are very close.

thank you.

adam

dual rank dimms

They probably dont support it because they dont have many (if any) customers using their parts for that sort of application.

E

dual rank fpga

I don't think that's the case. because DUAL-rank SODIMM is useful for networking-based applications. Lots of customers desire this function. :)

dual-rank dimms

You can think what you like but having been a Xilinx FAE at one time I can tell you that they do not support a market space that they are not seeing a lot of their parts being used in. They are happy to sell parts to small companies and such but to put the resources in place to support a change to the MIG is going to require that the market is there.

You dont have to believe me, do some work on your own and talk with all of the companies who sell DIMM products and see who they are using and why?

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back