Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a simple white noise generator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZengLei

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diode noise generator

How to build a simple white noise generator ?

i want to build a simple one ,so i can understand the white noise thoroughly.

any suggestions or circuitry?

thanks

zener noise generator

every circuit is noisy, isnt it?
so u can have it :p

Hey u can have a pn sequence generator and its output will be a white noise genertor depending on ur bandwidth of interest u can use it.

another is in dds, we get a signal and lots of spur, elliminate this main signal, and amplify rest

build white noise generator

en~~~

i see many circuitry use the zener diode as the white noise source~~~~~

simple white noise generator

PN generator is a usual method, National previously had a MOS IC with PN generator to generate white noise for audio applications. Another usual method is by amplifying the voltage of a zener diode, it is band limited due to Cd || Rd time constant, but sufficient white for audio band. I don't have my old design folder at hand, thus I can't give you a circuit with component dimensions.

white noise zener

Yes, from part count aspect, a 8 pin micro is actually unrivaled. The point is that I didn't design a noise generator since 25 years...

B.T.W.: Zener diode noise isn't thermal noise, it's shot noise amplified by avalanche effect.

white noise generator ic

I got one as below:
**broken link removed**

how to make a white noise generator

A Psedue Noise genarator in one of the simplest ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back