Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert PAL to VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fbas to vga converter

I’m working on a XUP VIRTEX-II PRO board (from digilentinc) with an VDEC1 analog to digital video converter.
I make the VHDL program to capture the signal digital RGB format and it’s work but I don’t know how to convert the pal synchronization in VGA.
Please, you tell me any suggestion?

Best regards,
Cell1.

pal to vga

I am not clear abt ur problem
You mean that you want to convert analog PAL video to RGB format and to display it on VGA or what?

convertitore pal to vga

The signal it is on RGB format but with pal synchronizations and I want to display it on VGA.
Excuse me for my bad English.

Cell1.

pal to vga converter scheme

i think you must first decide which resolution will you use, then have a sketch of the separate VGA controller, and think about conversion.

pal to vga conversion solutions

What is RGB format with PAL synchronization? I thought PAL would imply chroma carrier FBAS signal. Or do you mean just european 50Hz 625 lines interlaced video frame?

converter vga to pal shemes

I need to convert 50Hz 625 lines interlaced video frame to vga 640*480 at 60Hz or more.
The solution that I find, it is to save all images to a memory. Then I can read it with another rate, but I think it is not a very good solution.

A simple frame buffer memory as you mentioned is probably the simplest solution, but it has various problems with image quality. Various cheap converter boxes work that way. Is that what you meant by "not very good solution"? There are expensive broadcast quality products that use much more sophisticated image processing, such as from Snell & Wilcox, although I'm not sure if their products have VGA format output.

Here are some technical papers. Try "The Engineer's Guide to Standards Conversion" for a general overview, but no FPGA specifics:
**broken link removed**

Your links work fine even though EDAboard changes A to @. It does that for some historic reason to foil search bots.

The A.ltera core appears to perform 2-D scaling and simple frame rate conversion (like the inexpensive converter boxes you buy at a computer store), but not the complex motion compensation used in expensive standards converters. The simple scheme is fine for static images and non-critical moving images, but the resulting judder can be distracting when watching a movie.

Thank you for your reply.
I don't want to buy. It is for my acknowledge.
I wish to make it to convert pal to vga image in real time.

Thank again,
Cell1.

To have an idea go to WWW.XESS.COM, search for the examples.

There is an code available for displaying image on VGA from camera or from stored in RAM

The code is specific to XESS board but it will give u a fair idea how it works

Hi,
You have to solve for three equations simultaneously. You see the attachment.

If you need more information, contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back