Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing two blocks where both transfer data in posedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilan2005

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need to interface BLOCK ram (in spartan3E) with MII ethenet interface . as it seems to me the both ram and eth are operatord on positve clk edge . i obtain the clk from ethernet chip to drive the entire logic. it is obvious as i think data is not ready when MII reading from the data lines.

please show me the way. i really appreciate if the solution in verilog.
Thanks

dilan

Re: interfacing two blocks where both transfer data in posed

i do not know how your system work but i think the simplest way is to invert the clock and make the block ram operate at negative clock edge.

Hi,

Your doubt is not clear to me. One thing I can say is you can delay the next stage clock by inversion.

what do you mean by obtaining the clock. since ethernet is serial and i hope you are storing probably 32 bit data in RAM, are you dividing the clock and giving to the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back