Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to include Virtex2 Pro Library in my design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtex2p not shown ise

Hello!

i am compiling my VHDL code in ISE 9.1i for the Virtex2 Pro chip.

my top.vhd has DCM and some BUFGs in it...

when i make Syntax Check, it says that DCM and BUFGs are unknown components for it...

then i include this:

library unisim;
use unisim.vcomponents.all;

and.. syntax check process completes good without any errors.

BUT, when i try to synthesize it...i get a lot of warnings! this thing really annoys me!!

what to do??

i tried to include this:

library virtex2p;
use virtex2p.components.all;

it said that virtex2p library not found...
(i also tried with just virtex2...same thing..)

please say me what can i do?? but dont say that unisim is for simulation, I KNOW THIS!

say me how to include virtex2pro library for my project? which steps to follow??

thanks in advance!

Re: Library including..headache!!

warnings are not so bad as long as you don't get any errors !?

i dont think so...i get too many of them...and i get warnings like this:

WARNING:Xst:1290 - Hierarchical block <VCOUNTER> is unconnected in block <VGActrl>.
It will be removed from the design.

it wants to remove one of my primary components!! so?

You have unconnected inputs and outputs; thats why the tool wants to remove it. It thinks you dont want that in there.

E

Library including..headache!!

but i did not unconnect it!! my code is ok! and everything is connected! and it compiles good with syntax checking process! any ideas else?

check to see that the tool did not rename some of your nets. I have seen this before and its a nightmare to see because the renamed nets usually have the original name included in the new name.

E

how can i check it? well... i dont think there is something that could go wrong with the ISE tool... i think it is an issue of including appropriate library... but which exactly... what is syntax for virtex2 pro library inclusion?

and where is it located?

Added after 1 hours 2 minutes:

ok here is what i am doing now, i add this piece of code in top.vhd

Code:
library virtex2p;

and during syntax check it gives me this:

Code:
ERROR:HDLParsers:3317 - "C:/Documents and Settings/rvrustamov/My Documents/ise/vga4/Top.vhd" Line 6.  Library virtex2p cannot be found.
ERROR:HDLParsers:3013 - "C:/Documents and Settings/rvrustamov/My Documents/ise/vga4/Top.vhd" Line 7. Library virtex2p is not declared.

But!!
i have virtex2p.lib file in the C:\Xilinx92i\virtex2p\data\symbol directory... maybe i can include this file somehow? is it the needed library? if yes then how to include this?

You can check to see if your nets have been renamed by checking your synthesis reports.

As for the library the way you specified it should work if you have the library in your work folder.

This is not an uncommon thing so you might want to check the Xilinx website in the answers section.

E

well, i checked similiar problems... they were about how to include your library...and yes, it must be put in work folder, added as VHDL library in New Source...etc..

BUT, in my case i use some predefined library... it is something like library IEEE; isnt it?

so there is no VHDL source code library for virtex2p library i think...

what to do then? help me please!:?:

If you have a library named virtex2p then it should appear. HOWEVER if you think that because you are using a Virtex 2 Pro that there should be a library there wont be.

E

well...i dont know what to do now.. for example when You compile some code for any chip.. how do you include library? for example...for which chips have u compiled VHDL code in ISE?

how did u include appropriate libraries for the chips?

BlackOps said:
well...i dont know what to do now.. for example when You compile some code for any chip.. how do you include library? for example...for which chips have u compiled VHDL code in ISE?

how did u include appropriate libraries for the chips?

when you build a new project in ISE, isn't there a drag dialog box that you neeed to specify the chip type like v2p-100?
once you select it, I think it is already included in the project.
plz correct me if i am wrong.

If there is a library you want to use it must be in your work folder. To tell the program to use the library you specify like this:

library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

In this case IEEE is the library. The STD_LOGIC_1164, STD_LOGIC_ARITH, &STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED are the specific areas of the IEEE library to use; and the ALL callout specifies that all of the contents are to be made available.

So for your earlier listing for a library that you thought was included called virtex2p that library callout (if it really existed) would be:

library virtex2p;

Linkfox to answer your question I believe that is true but since I always hand code my library callouts I have never used that feature.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back