Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regulator Rectifier three phase for suzuki sv 650

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylambra

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sv650 regulator

Hi all,

excuse me for my bad english i hope someone can understand me :).

I have a problem, my suzuki sv 650 regulator/rectifier is burned (this is the 3° in 5 year). A lot of guy had the same problem and the solution is to improve the cooler sistem.The generator of suzuki is a three phase with permanent magnetic.

I'd like to do a selfmade regulator so i can repair in cause of another fault. I sought a lot of circuit for this purpose up there is some picture.

My old regulator had a different scheme: it used 2 scr of about 30 Amper and a few of components very little power (diode 1 ampere, resistor 1/4 of watt). One phase was connected directly to the positive out of regulator and no one control was made on it (i don't know more of the circuit cause was cover by resin).

Some one know this type of regulation (there is a scheme with components)?
There is a different type of regulation that you can suggest?
Some one have a schema with components of ciurcuit in the picture?

Thank you very much to all!

Dario

regulator rectifier scheme

No one can Help me??

:-(

sv650 rectifier

I am not surprised that the regulator is burning out frequently. Most electronic devices that sell so many have parts removed to make them less expensive (5 cents each at ten million sold saves the company $500,000). If one in a thousand breaks while under warranty, it still costs less.

I won't tell you how, but I will tell how I might. I would make the three phase rectifier separate from the regulator assembly and very capable, possibly with a fuse. It will probably give off a fair amount of heat.

The regulator will have some complications. It has to be able to deal with the highest voltage the alternator can give, which may be very high (200V? or more) so low voltage components are out. You may have to build one from discrete parts. I suggest looking at https://www.romanblack.com/ for some inspiration.

Remember, build to the available space.

sv650 voltage regulator

Hope this information isn't too late for you.

According to the 1999-2001 SV650S manual:
Generator max output: approx. 300W at 5,000 rpm.
Generator no-load voltage (when cold): more than 70V (AC) at 5,000 rpm.
Regulated voltage: 13.5 - 15.0V at 5,000 rpm.
Battery capacity: 12V 36.0 kC (10 Ah)/10HR [I don't know what the kC means].

The circuit diagram is similar to your reg_fiordelmondo.jpg but instead of the 3 scrs having a common output to the comparatore de tensione (Suzuki just labels it an IC), each has a separate connection to it, so the IC has 4 connections where you currently show 2.

Hope this helps.

H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back