Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help:Precoding and channel correlation in MIMO-OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wltan99

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab correlated channel

Recently i am doing my FYP project: Algorithm to combat the degradation due to channel correlation in MIMO-OFDM.

I'm already done for MIMO-OFDM simulation code and add channel correlation effect into it. Now i've to find an algorithm to solve the problem of channel correlation.

From what i studied, I found that precoding is one of the way to combat the degradation of channel correlation. But i not really understand about it and don't know how to write it in matlab code.

I hope anyone can share me the code if anyone has it.

Beside that, the code that i generate correlated channel is not very complete. If any one has a good generate correlated channel pls share to me. Thanks!

Here is my matlab code to generate correlated channel

H=[randn(2,2)+j*randn(2,2)]/(sqrt(2)); %uncorrelated channel coefficient
alpha=0.5; % value from 0 to 1, 0-uncorrelated 1-full correlated
Hb=([1 alpha;alpha 1]);
Rc= chol(Hb); % correlation coefficient
Hc=H*Rc; % correlated channel coefficient

This code is assume sum up of total correlation of transmitter and receiver.
If possible, I hope can get the code that generate for only correlated at transmitter or receiver only.

But it is still no very important yet, because my supervisor accept this code. Now my final job is to write the code for precoding in MIMO-OFDM system.

Hope that you can help me. Thanks!

channel correlation and mimo

as i know in pre-coding,
y=HFS+n

May anyone tell me how to get the F matrix?

Besdie that, wat to do when i wan to decode it?

precoding matrix in matlab

Check Maximum Ratio Transmission (MRT) and Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC).

with MRT, F matrix is derivated from singular value decomposition (SVD) of the channel matrix.

correlation channel in matlab

[Dimic et al.’05] G. Dimic and N.D. Sidiropoulos, ‘On Downlink Beamforming
with Greedy User Selection: Performance Analysis and a Simple New Algorithm,’
in IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, , vol. 53(10), Oct. 2005.

mimo 는 channel correlation

Have you complete the code for precoding yet? Could you please share with me? I dont know how to start matlab for precoding yet. Thank you.

mimo svd

this is same problem for me because i should do my work in the precoding but through OFDM signal. can anyone has idea on precoding of basics or MATLAB coding . because iam helpless.

I am having the same problem...could you please let us know if you have got some where with this

Hello Iam working in mimo ofdm also but in synchronization I have very big problem that I can't make the simulatin model for mimo ofdm system as you mentionted you have done that please can you send me the code you made I will be very very thankful please help me it's urgent my mail is d_samaha@hotmail.com

now, I'm study about precoding and channel correlation in MIMO OFDM, anyone have documents about this problem, pls send me, email: tuanlinh1983@gmail.com
tks !

Re: matlab correlated channel

Hi wltan99!!

I do not understand the cholesky factorization on Hb matrix? what is the need of that?
Is it that the matrix Hc that u obtain at the end is the channel with correlation included?
I have run the small code and realized that the first colum of Hc and H are the same..? should it be?
I m also working on corelated MIMO-OFDM channel matrices.
Hope i can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back