Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find USB port speed using visual basic 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj123456789

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I am working in visual basic 6.0.Using Cypress driver i will communicate with the Device
using USB Cable. But I have the Problem is wtether I will communicate at High Speed or Full
Speed.But I want to Communicate in Both Version USB 1.1 to USB 2.0.So Please Help me How to Find
the Speed of Port.
Details:
Cyusb.sys ------> USB Driver
Visual Basic 6.0---------> Platform(Language)
Please any one send the code to communicate or Give me guidence to Me.

Advance thanks

By
R.Rajesh Kumar
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The speed is handled at the hardware level, not the software level. The USB system would be unworkable if it allowed programmers to set the connection speed and tried to do things like make a 10M/s connection go 400M/s. I believe that on power up the USB controller can tell the USB devices speed by a voltage level. Each connection speed uses a different resistance to pull a line low and the resulting voltage level tells the controller what the devices speed is, 1, 10 or 400 M/s. If I have the details wrong someone can correct me, but it goes something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back