Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA KIT design hlp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to design small fpga development kit /board .

give me some suggestion

chip no , mnf altera / xilink / actel etc .

small but medium size logic elements it should have .

thank you

xilinx are the most renovating manufacture - so you can do a lot more with there devices.

altera are known for there steady applications, but are less renovating.

any suggestion about chip no: ?

Hi,

I sugest You to look at the reccomendations of the manufacturers, the first question is what is Your target application of the protoboard (general, DSP, Ethernet, PCI, PCI-E,...) and to study the literature of the manufacturer. Also, the main question is target production price. I will sugest You to try to make an example project and to check if it fits in desired component. There is no general sugestion like use this anthis part only for the protoboard.

Also look at the www.opencores.org, there You could find several protoboards, as I remember correctly they are based mostly on Xilinx and Altera, I do not remember if there is any other manufacturer product.

The main question is what is the desired application of the protoboard and projected manufacturing price (look at the availability of the chips at Your country, and prices for 1/10/100/1k units).

Sincerely Yours,
Nenad Sakan

Status
Not open for further replies.