Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve this FF/Latch trimming warning (XST 1895)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindstream

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I get the following warning during synthesis each time. is it serious?
Loading device for application Rf_Device from file '3s400.nph' in environment /opt/Xilinx.
WARNING:Xst:1710 - FF/Latch <o2_2_9> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch <o2_2_10> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch <o2_2_11> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch <o2_2_12> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch <o2_2_13> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch <o2_2_14> (without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block <twiddle_multi>.
INFO:Xst:2261 - The FF/Latch <o2_2_15> in Unit <twiddle_multi> is equivalent to the following 9 FFs/Latches, which will be removed : <o2_2_16> <o2_2_17> <o2_2_18> <o2_2_19> <o2_2_20> <o2_2_21> <o2_2_22> <o2_2_23> <o2_2_24>

If it is serious can someone tell me how to correct this problem.

o2_2 is a 26bit signal
i did the coding in verilog Its basically for a set of 8 complex multipliers and o2_2 is one of the outputs . none of the other output signals are showing this warning.

If needed i can attach the verilog code as well.

FF/Latch Trimming

In my opinion it is quite possible you did some mistake in your design so the FF/latches shown do not change their states at all.
I have to say that although I work with Xilinx and VHDL I do not know Verilog.

Re: FF/Latch Trimming

It sounds like you created latches with a defined value of zero.

Attach your code so we can see what you did.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back