Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Kenwood CD player is dead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadihf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have bought a second hand Jap model CD7 portable component CD Player only :cry: works on 100V :x Now it went dead after emitting a harch karrrrrrr while playing my favouret song. Anyway it has four pots and one coil which controls everything. I have tried turning and tuning :cry: but it just remains dead. the laser is ok :D and is turned full. Before I throw it away I just want to ask if somebody could help. By the way I also changed two servo transistor C1384 and A684 with no effect :x . Can sombody Help :roll:
Regards

First a few questions and then a few notes:

Q
1/ You say the laser is OK, how do you know that?
2/ Does the disc start to turn?
3/ If it is turning is there a lot of servo action (noise) before it stops?

Notes:
Normally before the disc will start to turn the laser must establish a focus condition sometimes indicated on a FOK test point somewhere on the pcb. Watch the focus servo action when switching on the unit without a CD. There should be an up-down movement of the lens assy as it is trying to establish focus. It will try 3-5 times before shutting down.

Once focus is established the servo motor spins the disc up in a un-locked state until the speed servo can achieve lock. If this is impossible you often get the run-away speed symptom followed with a shut-down.

It is also important to see that the optical servo is balanced and not stuck in one extreme position, indicating a failure in one of these servo circuits. It must be able to move up-down and side-side while operating to track and maintain lock.

Correct operation of the laser is only possible by measuring the voltage drop over the current sensing resistor and verifying that it is near the current rating printed on most optical pickup assy's. The other method is to use a laser power meter. In a darkened room you may see the faint glow of the laser but that won't tell if it is working correctly. NEVER LOOK INTO THE LASER DIRECTLY AT A CLOSE DISTANCE!
Look at this link for more tips

https://www.repairfaq.org/sam/

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back