Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one protocal, multiple modulation technique. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allysonsim

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multiple modulation

I'm doing some research on OFDM and Software defined radio and i found out that there are several weaknesses in OFDM which are linearity problem etc.

Is it possible if i bring in CSS (chirp spread spectrum) and substitue OFDM?

Re: one protocal, multiple modulation technique. Is it possi

You'r right there are open working areas in OFDM and true CSS have specific advantages.

I think in general you have to spend more linearity for higher Bit/s/Hz. But OFDM could be extended to lower modulation types down to the extreme of a chirp symbol. There are also approaches to use the chirp as preamble. On other way round you can apply equalisation, precoding and all the new techniques also to CSS.

I actual interested in applying CSS and OFDM to wireless sensor networks with very high adaptivity in link budget and also implementing ranging.

I see, that's means we can eventually plug in CSS into well developed OFDM right?

I am quite interested in your project as well. I am currently looking towards building a Software defined radio in Matlab and i will improve it from there. Do you think this is a good approach?

By the way.. are you designing the whole prototype or just implementation stage (simulation)?

Re: one protocal, multiple modulation technique. Is it possi

My research covering a broad range form circuit level implementation innovation to high performance non-layered MAC protocols.

It is focused on highly efficient wireless sensor networks with localization. The base of the research is the detailed understanding of OFDM, fast rate-adaption, time-delay-measurements, equalisation and synchronisation, deep frame sleep modes, wake and after-wake synchronisation, PA efficiency.

CSS comes into play if the SINR is less than 2dB and broadband is still required because of PA effciency, synchronisation, frame search, delay measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back