Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with controlling 3 DC Motors using a GAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosiegoo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GAL to Control DC Motor

hello elektroda

I need to control 3 DC 9v Motors using a GAL... Everything is ready, and I was told I could use an optocoupler for seperating the different power sources (TTL with 5v .... and the Motors with a 9.6v RC Car Battery).

I'm simulating this in Proteus, but the problem with the optocoupelrs is that when they are not on, their outputs are at .10v, and when I send the signal so that they would activate, the voltage goes to .58v and the current is .13uA. I'm using the MCT6 OptoCoupler.

The problem is that I use 2 optocpuplers to control the direction of the Motor, one for turning clockwise, and one for turning counter clockwise, so to make the long story short, the voltage leakage is causing the h bridge to activate both directions and thus making the motor not move.

So what i'm trying to do, is design a better GAL-Optocouple-H Bridge interface.... anyone got any ideas or designs, i'm really desperate here.

Thanx a million.

If you guys want to see the design in Proteus 6.2 SP4 let me know and I'll send you the files so you have a better understanding of what i'm saying.

Re: GAL to Control DC Motor

Please upload SCH so the opto configuration/placement can be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back