Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1-D dispersion diagram of Sievenpiper structure by HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dentai

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
In a HFSS tutorial to design and simulate mushroom-like Sievenpiper structure, 2-D dispersion diagram was extracted by eigenmode solution. But the time-consumption is very very long.
Another method is use of the driven mode solution. But we need to modify the Sievenpiper structure to place the excitation port on it. But I don't know how to place the excitation on the structure.
Do anybody know about this tutorial? help me this matter?!?!?!
Thank you.

Hi dentai,

I have exactly the same question in simulation Sievenpiper mushroom structure. Have you solved the problem or do you have any references which are related? Please help!

Thank you!

I have the same question so if someone know it would be great if you have the information.

Hi legyptien,

See the attached document by HFSS application engineer richard remski. You will see the direct transmission method explanation for PBG surfaces. I have done some work on these surfaces. I hope it helps you.

/SC

Attachments

• Photonic Bandgap Structures [R.Remski, Ansoft 1999 No Boundaries Workshop].pdf
    2 MB · Views: 334
Hello Sweetchoto, thanks a lot for your help. I had a (quick) look on your pdf and it helps but honestly I don't have the answer of my question. To make sure I asked properly my question, look at **broken link removed** on page 41. There is an asymmetry which is taken to make "the Direct-Transmission Method" (driven mode) according to what I understand.

I guess that Driven mode and "the Direct-Transmission Method" is the same thing because you extract the dispersion diagram (with a formula) from S parameters, right ? Actually I want to use this technique because 2D dispersion diagram takes too much time.

Do you have an idea ? Thanks !!

Hi,

I cant open the document. But i believe you are mentioning the document name 'metamaterial' available on Ansoft website. In that document they have broken the mushroom structure so that ports can be placed on both ends to make the problem a two port problem. If you want to try that method then you have to be careful because you do not want unnecessary modes to propagate through your waveguide cavity model(it becomes equal to waveguide simulation). They have done it using ansoft Hfss designer but it can also be done using ansoft hfss. everything is explained over there including the complete method and results. So what are your doubts ??? what do you want me to explain ?

/SC

Status
Not open for further replies.