Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna types and Theoretical Gain/Directivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4bb4ge

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gain directivity

EDA Board Members,

I just started a job in rf/antenna engineering, all of the engineers here know all the different types of antenna and what their directivity/gain is I was wondering if someone could tell me the different types or where I could just find pictures of the different types and their gain/directivity.

I guess all of this comes with time and I know many types such as patch antenna, wire antenna, doorstop antenna, Lens antenna, but it is the specific types that I don't know, such as the doorstop antenna I only know what its gain is because I have actually seen one and by my optics knowledge I was able to figure out theoretical gain.

I am willing to give points to whoever can direct me to where I can find pictures and gain patterns of most of the antenna out there.

I currently have the books Antenna Theory analysis and Design, Microwave engineering (pozar), Electromagnetics (popovic), The RF and Microwave Handbook, and Antenna Engineering Handbook but none of these just have pictures of the actuall antenna and gain patterns.

I have searched and searched through your forms and have not found what I am looking for, this seems like the best place on the internet to ask this question.

Thank you very much

antenna gain directivity

My suggestion is to simulate the antenna in Simulator and you can see the gain / directivity.

Otherwise you can refer any one of the simulator website where you can find some examples.

antenna types

Yeah I have tried those rfcafe.com has all the major ones but nothing about ones that are not commonly used like I mentioned the door stop is a form of an Lens antenna but it is a very special lens I need something that talks about all the special cases of antenna. As for simulators it is the same thing I would simulate them if I knew what was out there and that would be fine but I can't find all the different variations of antennas.

Thanks those are good recommendations but I have already been there and it is not quite in depth enough any other ideas?

thanks again

directivity of lens antenna

you can read the first two chapter of antenna thery by balanis that uploaded in this forum.
this chapter no need the theorical knowlage of electromagnetic

antenna types and pictures

**broken link removed**

b4bb4ge

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
doorstop antenna

if anyone have the antenna simulator please provide me the same.

regards
rahul

pitures of directivity of antenna

Thanks vfone That is great! that does deserve some points.

I have read Antenna Theory by Blanis (own the book it is a great book) but that is not what I was looking for but the navy patterns is great!

Check the details of different types antenna characteristics in the following attachment

b4bb4ge

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
snkhan that is great but it is the same thing that vfone provided me with. thanks for all the help though it is really apreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back