Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help, melted switch component, need another

Status
Not open for further replies.

klepsta

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all, just joined the forum, looks like oodles of information is available here

I have a question related to switches, and where to get a particular kind if it is possible.

I was changing the LEDs over on the instrument cluster of my motorcycle, and inadvertantly let the shaft of the iron touch the stalk of the switch, and needless to say it melted. The switch is used for setting date and time, rev limit, etc, same thing as like on a digital watch, just a little larger. The stalk is about .140" in diamter, and the height from the bottom of the solder pins to the top of the stalk is around .385" Pin to pin is about .225" (2 pin)

Here is a pic of what it should look like, minus the melted plastic.'
IMG_1826.JPG

I apologize for the pic quality, and realize this is a long shot, but maybe someone knows.

Thanks!

for me getting a similar switch is never a problem
what is your location

if you dont have an electronics parts shop near you
you can try cutting a peice of plastic of the same or nearly same diameter ,(eg.a ball point refill) file the top of the damaged switch and stick it with super-glue(Cyanoacrylate) and cut to desired height

I believe it is a single pole push button. It isnt SMD though, its through hole, and its only a 2 pin.

Im in the Boston area, and work with a few EEs but they didnt know where to find the matching switch
I think the simplest solution will be modling a piece of plastic to fit.

Thanks for the input guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back