Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing FPGA board for FPGA I/O clocks and DDR communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

apv1965

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody help me on step by step testing of FPGA board for FPGA IO Clocks working and DDR communications..

I am new to this and hence need step by step understanding of this. As a normal hardware person I need certain things like checking powersupplies and if they are reaching ot all the parts of the board correctly or not..
But I do not have exposure to testing DDRII comunications and DACs communication testing part.

pLease help

Re: Testing FPGA board

Try to use boundary-scan software like Scanseer to probe (and toggle) FPGA pins. Scanseer can record waveforms for FPGA I/Os, so you can see how your communication signals running.

Testing FPGA board

where can I get it

Re: Testing FPGA board

it is very easy to check the hw if you are using a cpu inside the fpga like microblaze or nios.

then you can run a sw test on your devices.

it will be very suitable for testing the ddr2 for example.

Testing FPGA board

check your power lies, rpipples, current, shape of clocks, before loading FPGA

then same after loading,

try to load FPGA with USB blaster

check temperature of the chip

Status
Not open for further replies.