Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Engg. Vs Application Engg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arorashalabh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii everyone,

I have done my M.E. in Communication Engineering in "Dec. 2007" itself.
Currently I am working in a VLSI company (small product company with main focus area as Analog).
So, its been around two months for me working as a Design Engg (Analog) in this company.

Currently I got one offer from a big company with an obvious better package.
But my designation here will be as a "Hardware Application Engg".....(means swtiching from the domain of a Design Engg to an Application Engg).

Ignoring the issues of getting better package and big/small company;
and taking into main consideration the aspects of "Future prospects and Work domain".....Can anyone suggest me which will be the better option to opt for ?

I basically want to know the future growth in both these fields....i.e. working as a Design Engg(Analog domain) or as a H/w Application Engg. will lead into better future prospects ?

Thanks everyone for going thru this and (if possible) giving your suggestions too....!!!!

Be Consistent in 1 company where u r God help u

i too don't know and sometimes a little bit confusion too,

why an application engineer paid so high, still yet people want to be in design field?

what's the difference work wise?

please anybody clarifies...

hi,

It all dpends on one's intellectual satisfaction. In the end it boils down to Intellectual satisfaction Vs package

As said before, the most important thing is to be consistent with your real desire...

Any decision outside what you feel in guts will sooner or later drive you to dissapointment...

PS: Something to consider... Even when the big company is hiring for Systems... if they see Analog Design potential and good skills in you... you can bet you'll finish in their analog design area very soon...

sir, i am doing mtech in telecommunication. please suggest me how can i aware to apply for the off campus jobs and what is the designation for me ?

- - - Updated - - -

sir, i am doing mtech in telecommunication. please suggest me how can i aware to apply for the off campus jobs and what is the designation for me ?

Application Engineer is paid high because he solves customer issues. Also He cannot go back without solving a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back