Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor driver circuit with optocouplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan_merter

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
optocoupler circuit

i have a unipolar 2 phase step motor and i have a circuit diagram which designed
with uln 2003. but i need to redesign this circuit by using optocoupler. how can i
do this?

please help

optocoupler circuits

:D

Hi,I am also working with stepper motor(Bi polar) interfacing with dsPIC30f2010.

To use optocoupler, first connect the output of MCU/logic CKT to optocoupler (MCT2E)through inverter and then the collector of opto coupler to input of ULN2003.

circuit diagram for optocoupler

this is for you

stepper motor driver circuit

you can see the PS2801's Datasheet, maybe it will have some help for you

optocoupler circuit diagram

Thank you all guys,
i achieved to drive my step motor by using darlinghton transistors and i also was able to use optocouplers, but now i have a new problem;

my motor cant run high speed although i give it to 1KHz signals.
if frequency is very high,it doesnt run,just vibrate.
but i know it can reach very high rpm.

how can i make it speedy?

optocoupler working

if frequency is very high,it doesnt run,just vibrate.
but i know it can reach very high rpm.

If you know this from the data sheet, are your operating conditions according to the datasheet? High step frequencies are generally requiring high voltages at the motor. Mainly bipolar drive, constant current circuits are used in this connection. Simple constant voltage unipolar circuits are rarely usable for above 1 kHz step rate.

Additionally acceleration/deceleration ramps may be necessary with higher step rates (above the start-stop frequency).

optocouplers working

Can u please send me the block diagram of stepper motor driver circuitry using optocouplers?and if possible can you also explain the working of the driver circuitry?

Status
Not open for further replies.