Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable method for implementing capsense??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suresh R

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cap sense key

Hi all,
I am using capacitor sensing technique for sensing user key press.
NE556 was connected in Astable mode and the capsense act as a capacitor in that. Hence the change in output frequency is monitored by a controller for detecting user key press.

But with this method, i couldnt get a consistant result!

i.e., for each key the frequency during key press varies.
also, if i place a 2mm thick glass sheet over capsense, i couldnt get a better frequency variation..
Hence it would be great if i could get some ideas on how it could be achieved.

i am also interested in a method where i could make the port logic level high/low for before/during touch. I am yet to get a method to achieve this. can i get a hint on how it need to be approached?

Suresh.

how to implement capsense

Why dont you use a Cypress Capsense Microcontroller. its very simple to implement Capsense Switches with them

krishna73v said:
Why dont you use a Cypress Capsense Microcontroller. its very simple to implement Capsense Switches with them
for cost reasons. Thats why i look for low cost method.

Suresh.

Added after 6 minutes:

KMoffett said:
If you aren't bent on making it yourself, check QProx touch switch IC products:

https://www.qprox.com/

Ken

Right now i am trying with LM567. I could also try any other suggestions i get here, so that i can analyse the performance of each.

Suresh.

hello everyone!

I am using CapSense with PIC24f16KA102.

when I interface two capsense with digital trim pot MCP4152, it was working well,
when I interfaced or wrote program for more then two capsense, the trim pot resistance is not changing accordingly.

I have 5 capsense in my circuit they are working I have tested with LCD interfacing

thank you

I have done it.
it was the chip errata problem.

now I have problem that if I put 1 mm acrylic on capsense it does not work..

any suggestion will be helpful

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.