Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB land pattern standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hellen

dear fridends:

now I am looking for the pcb land pattern standard.
who could tell me the standards(except the IPC-SM-782) or share with me?
thanks!

:p

if the part is a standard package part, I use what is in the library of the cad system, if I have to create the foot print I follow the manufactures guide-line in the data sheets.

pd

hellen said:
dear fridends:

now I am looking for the pcb land pattern standard.
who could tell me the standards(except the IPC-SM-782) or share with me?
thanks!

hellen said:
dear fridends:
now I am looking for the pcb land pattern standard. who could tell me the standards(except the IPC-SM-782) or share with me? thanks!

you can get more information from **broken link removed** but the IPC recommendations are the most logical and best documented.

If you do not want to follow a standard then you can of course use your own such as

manufacturer_type_pins_shape_packageno

like PH_24_400mildil_phso24

Biggest problem you will find is that most manufacturer has used their own method of package naming so a 14_SOIC for philips might not be same as for ti.

:R

i found it here today.
h**p://www.trax.co.za/IPC/IPC-SM-782A(L).PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back