Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make 2D drawing in HFSS when you have 3D drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishekabs

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drawing in hfss

Hi friends
How to make 2D drawing in HFSS when you have 3D drawing?
I have simulated dual polarised horn antenna & I want to fabricate it.
How should I make 2D drawing automatically?
Is there any way?

Abhishekabs

3d drawing in hfss

hfss won't make any 'drawings' or even models automatically. you could export of course in either 3-d or 2-d.

if you wanted to export just 2-d surfaces. you can pick any face and make an object from that face. this will generate a 2-d surface. you could make an entire hfss project with just these 2-d surfaces. then you'd have to export and eventually use a drawing package to edit mark up so on...

hfss 2d

SO you can not use HFSS to see 2d objects is conclusion i suppose.
What i did is I made(exported) in to 2D file as you suggested.
Then I again tried to import the same 2D file in HFSS, but i did not see that. since import option is available HFSS must show 2D surface. but it has not shown.
Which software should I use?
will auto cad help?

You might consider exporting *.dxf (AutoCAD) files. This option exports a 2D section of whatever happens to be crossing the xy plane when you perform the export.

Fool around with edit/arrange/move or rotate to reposition your 3D model and produce drawing like 2D images.

Thanks Azulykit
I will try the same & let you know

You can export the HFSS model to *.sat file, and then import the *.sat file into UG/Solidworks/ProE to make the file with the dimensions for the fabrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back