Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13.56MHz RFID PCB antenna testing picture/instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfl

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
who can tell me the testing instructuion of this kind of antenna,or offer some pictures to me ?
i don't know how to connect this antenna with network analyzer.
As you know,the celluar antenna can connect the network analyzer test cable with coax cable which welds on the PCB ,but i'm not sure this method could apply to the 13.56MHz RFID antenna?
if no,what should i do?
if yes,it's better to give me some pictures,for exzample,the details about how to connect the coax cable inner conduct and outer conduct with the antenna.

thanks all of you!![/b]

Hello,

it depend's on the kind of antenna you imagine. A 13.56 MHz antenna could be designed to have a 50 ohms feed, suitable e. g. for a ISO 15693 (vincinity cards) application, where larger antennas and higher transmission power are usual.

Most proximity card antennas however are designed to match a certain reader IC, most likely build according to manufacturers suggestions. It doesn't make much sense to test such antennas without the interface circuit. But manufacturer application notes usually have suggestions how to measure the antennas, respectvely which operating conditions, (voltage, waveforms) shall be achieved.

Primary design goal is to achieve specified field strength within defined operation volume.

Regards,
Frank

The design antenna is an proximity card antenna and i'm a newer to the design.in another word,i have no any point on the design.i want to study a sample,but to me,it's hard to know where to start looking.the first method i thought of is to test the operating frequency and impendance,but so far,i still not understant the process and method.
still thank you for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.