Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check if DTMF IC is working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1986

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i check if my DTMF IC is working properly or not...........any idea????

Re: DTMF CHECK

joe1986 said:
how can i check if my DTMF IC is working properly or not...........any idea????

You need to feed it two sinewave frequencies, one from the lower group and one from the upper group of 4 frequencies simultaneously and verify the correct 4-bit result at the digital decoded output of the chip. Depending on the chip type, you may need to take the 2 dB +/- 1 dB signal level difference into account.

Good luck !

Hans

hi nandhu015 .................do u have any diagram which shows how to connect it to the telephone???

DTMF CHECK

Which DTMF IC do you use?

You can connect it with a MT8888 to check if it transmit/receive right or wrong.

THANK a lot doctor laktronics........................DO U HAVE THE MAY 07 edition of EFY..........there's a file called "WIRELESS TEXT MESSAGING OVER MOBILE/LANDLINE...........????

DTMF CHECK

use oscope to view the dtmf signal ..

Hi,
I just remebered, your 5V supply should not have a safety earth connection, since telephone line is already earthed through +ve of the battery. I don't have the May Issue, you may get it from their site?
Regards,
Laktronics

hi .....doctor laktronics there is one problem ...........the site is asking for username and password of subscribers..............actually i subscribe for ELEKTOR ELECTRONICS...........and not EFY ...................are you a subscriber???

joe1986 said:
the IC IS DTMF 8870..................ITS ACTING AS A DECODER
Have you made a test board?
If you have, it's so easy.

Connect your phone line to the input of 8870. Call from other phone. Hook up the phone which connect with 8870. Then press some numbers from the caller phone. If your test board can receive what you press , it's working well. That's all.

Regards.

whts a TEST BOARD AND HOW TO MAKE IT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back